Independence Day is this weekend and once again I am nervous about how I am going to handle the big family bar-b-que. This time, our family is going over to my mom’s house so I have less control over the menu. I don’t want to spend the entire afternoon obsessing over how many Weight Watchers points I am consuming. I need a plan.
I checked out the Weight Watchers message boards to see what strategies other people are using to help with portion control during this holiday. Here are a few of the tips that I learned from other bloggers that I plan to use tomorrow when celebrating Independence Day.
- Eat a light breakfast.
- Bring a fruit and veggie platter so you know there will be healthy alternatives at the party.
- Find out what dishes will be on the menu ahead of time so you can calculate your Weight Watchers points and determine your portion sizes before you hit the buffet table.
- Skip the fun party drinks and stick with ice tea, infused water or a flavored sparkling water.
- Opt for fresh fruit for your dessert choice rather than indulging in decadent desserts.
- Have fun and be easy on yourself. If you eat more than you had planned on eating, don’t beat yourself up and ruin your holiday.
Have an amazing 4th of July Celebration.